Friday, May 23, 2008


Make whatever assumptions you want New Orleans. I have prevailed in my recent court appearance. Creativity is being snuffed out. Mr. Dingler can characterize the ruling against him and his terror group in as positive a light as he sees fit. I am not the one legally barred from defacing property. I am not the one paying a fine. The Courts, the government are on my side. They see how creativity has brought us almost past a point of no return. My art brings us back from the precipice and back to an aesthetic that reflects the values of silence and sacrifice.

The Mighty D-Block comes close to recognizing the need for oppressive art in a time of irresponsible radicalization; calls for color and "artistic activism" only rob young ideologues of their natural inclination to submit to powers beyond their control.

3 comments:

The People said...

I bow in humility to your greatness. I had a dream about you last night too...that we were running through a field of daisies, holding hands and laughing...like we used to do before {well, you know}...just before.

When will you come back to me?

The Iron Rail Book Collective said...

ha ha, oh shit, what a blog. Clearly this is something bigger than all of us.

Odd said...

Who knew that Fred, single handedly, would start a grass roots movement? And that it would move people that were never involved in politics, art or the care and love of the city to get out of their flooded homes, hit the streets and speak up! (The real power being, that it is something we can control when lives are not normal in this post-K third world)

For that and that alone - I salute you, Freddy...